Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Out and About with Mamiko

This is how our day ended. We were exhausted but satisfied. We placed literature with a woman who also took this shot... Below are the things we enjoyed...
These are shots of a lake in an old town in Japan. I think we were at Tako city. I found the gray clouds dramatic and breathtaking!


My husband below drove for hours... We had calls that took hours to visit but it was worth the drive... I really appreciate my hubby's willingness to take Mamiko and I around Japan... literally.

So we stopped by a rice field and decided to pose a bit...

when all of a sudden, we hear thrashing sounds behind us...

A closer look reveals that lobsters roam in the rice fields!!!! The pictures conveys the idea that they're dead but they weren't. I guess they felt like tanning...

Yusuke tried to lure them out with a long blade of grass but with no success. It was exciting to find out that there exists fresh water, river lobsters!! An old lady around the area told us that they tasted sweet, almost as sweet as clam meat... Mom would've loved to see these!!

During that one Friday afternoon with Mamiko, we worked with two elders from our congregation. The brother on the left side is Ichiro and the other is Jesse. We had a great morning! Definitely a lot of laughs...

Mamiko was asked to do a presentation. She seemed excited... :)))

A random, cool customized version of the truck Yusuke and I used for a few months when we moved to Japan. I was impressed with the capability of making this truck look cool...

We also made a quick stop for some peppermint tea. For some strange reason, I just kept having this feeling that someone was staring at me...

We stopped by a ramen shop and were amazed at how huge and tasty it was...


Amazed because it cost only 150 yen!!!! ($1.50) Crazy!! Super delicious... Mamiko and I had the soy sauce flavor and Yusuke had the salt flavored one.

We did a little informal witnessing at a well known Mall in Narita. I called out for both of them to walk naturally and... well...they did!


1 comment:

  1. Man it looks like a lot of fun... LOVE the last picture! Made me really laugh... Haha... I think it would be amazing if they DID act normal when you told them to before the picture! Haha! Those two are just too funny! :D

    ReplyDelete